- Additional Info
Fire needs three things to exist: fuel, heat, and oxygen. Most fire starters only provide enough heat to ignite tinder and nothing else. The Ultimate Fire Starter™ will help you ignite any tinder source AND stoke that fire into a full on blaze, even with wet wood.
To use, simply unscrew the ferrocerium rod from the bellows and use the attached striker to create 5,000°F sparks to light your tinder. Then, extend the bellows, aim it at the base of the fire, and blow smoothly to add more oxygen and exponetially increase the fire's heat. Increasing the heat allows you to get a fire growing faster, even with wet or stubborn fuel. Or use it at anytime to get forge level heat from your fire. Now wet wood is no longer an excuse or obstacle to having a hot blaze at your campsite.
- Sturdy stainless steel construction for rugged use
- Extendable bellows keep you safely from the fire while pinpointing airflow for faster results
- Integrated ferrocerium rod is good for 1000s of strikes and produces 5,000°F (2,760°C) sparks to ignite most tinders
- Attached ferrocerium striker helps direct sparks onto tinder
- Convenient carrying clip for easy access wherever you store it
- Weight: 1.8 ounces (53 grams)
- Length extended: 18.2 inches (464 mm)
- Length collapsed: 5.9 inches (152 mm)
Patent Pending 29/267,283
- Questions & Answers
Do you have any Question?Question: What is the difference between the Titanium flint lighter and the one that comes with this one? 24 Oct, 2019Answer: The flint lighter is much smaller and uses a spark wheel that scrapes against the flint when "flicked" to produce spark. The Ultimate Fire Starter has a removable ferrocerium rod and ferrocerium striker that makes spark when struck together. There is a product video on the UFS product page showcasing the striking method. You can also find fire starting/starter information on our blog: https://blog.vargooutdoors.com/