- Additional Info
The Vargo original that started it all has gotten a major upgrade since its inception in 2003. Now with a wider filling hole for faster fueling and multi-fuel capability for burning fuel tabs and gels, the Triad continues to stand apart as one of the best.
When flipped over, the updated Triad has an indented well on the bottom of the stove for burning fuel tabs or fuel gels for all season, all terrain fueling options (also great for thru-hikes or long distance hikes when resupply fuel options are inconsistent or unknown!). The folding arms and legs of the stove double as pot supports and anchors depending upon which side of the stove is being used and make it incredibly compact for storage. Altogether these changes greatly improve the Triad's ease of use and its versatility while still incorporating the weight and features that users have grown to love about the Triad.
Check out our Triad blog post to learn more!
- Solid titanium construction for extra durability
- Multi-fuel capability for added versatility
- All-season, all-terrain usability
- Folding legs and pot supports
- Simple to use
- Ultra compact
- Minimal maintenance required
- Reliable all-season performance
- Enlarged filling hole for faster fueling
- Easy to reclaim unused fuel
- Boils 16 oz/0.5 L in 5-6 mins (alcohol) or 7-8 mins (fuel tabs or gels)
- Weight: 1.0 ounce (30 grams)
- Diameter closed: 2.9 inches (76 mm)
- Diameter open: 3.5 inches (89 mm)
- Height collapsed: 1.2 inches (30 mm)
- Fuel capacity (alcohol): 1.5 ounces (44 ml)
- Burn time: ~20 mins (alcohol), ~12 mins (fuel tabs), various (fuel gels)
- Use only in a well ventilated area! Never use stove indoors!
- Only use denatured, ethyl, or methyl alcohol, solid stove fuel tabs, or fuel gels as fuel! Attempting to burn other fuels such as white gas, kerosene, unleaded gas, etc. will potentially cause an explosion and serious injury.
- Be sure the flame is fully extinguished and the stove is completely cooled before refueling to prevent flare ups!
- Always anchor stove legs into the ground to prevent the lit stove from tipping over!
- Questions & Answers
Do you have any Question?Question: I have a Snow Peak titanium cook pot, the flat base is 80mm across and it is 94mm in outside diameter. Will it work with the Triad multi-fuel stove? If not, what is the recommended minimum size? 19 Feb, 2017Answer: We recommend that pots be no less than 90 mm in diameter to be safely used with the Triad Stove.