- Additional Info
Note: Pocket Cleats™ will not fit or work well with shoes that have extra-thick soles ("Fat Shoes") or shoes with a non-hourglass shape sole.
Improve speed and traction on winter runs or ultralight hiking with the Vargo Titanium Pocket Cleats™. The titanium alloy spikes claw into snow and ice yet weigh nearly a third the weight of the competition without reducing strength or durability. When not in use, the legs fold down and nests to fit easily into packs or pockets. Nylon carrying case included. Patent Pending - 62/009,101
Available in three sizes:
Small: Women’s 6.0 – 9
Medium: Women’s 9.5 – 12; Men’s 8.0 – 10.5
Large: Men’s 11 – 13
- Titanium alloy construction
- Compact folding legs
- Reliable DuraFlex fasteners
- High strength nylon webbing
- Convenient nylon carry case
- Weight: 2.3 ounces (66 grams) (each / medium size)
- Size Open: 5.9 inches long x 1.8 inches wide) (150 mm x 45 mm)
- Size Closed: (4.3 inches long x 1.8 inches wide) (110 mm x 45 mm)
Before using the Pocket Cleats™ for the first time, it is important to follow the instructions below:
1. Adjust the webbing so that the main buckle is located at the highest point of your sneaker. The base of the cleats should be located at the narrowest part of the hourglass shape of your sneakers sole.
2. Adjust the side brackets so that they are located approximately ¼ inch above the bottom of your sneaker on both sides (the brackets will prevent excessive side to side movement).
3. After buckling both back and front straps, cut excessive webbing as desired and burn ends with a match to prevent fraying. Note: prior to cutting webbing, please consider placement on different shoes you may own. Straps must be tight to prevent excessive movement.
Titanium Pocket Cleats That Really Cling
By Carley Miller on IndustryOutsider.com
"The Vargo Titanium Pocket Cleats are a new ultra light solution for winter traction. They are the perfect gear to enhance any winter hike or run on snow and ice."
- Questions & Answers
Do you have any Question?Question: Hi, Regarding the pocket cleat - can you tell me if they only work with running shoes, or if they would fit a hiking shoe such as a Keen Voyageur? These have flat but thicker soles, and though they have something of an hourglass it's not as pronounced as a running shoe. I'd appreciate your advice as I'm coming from the UK to hike, and won't have the opportunity to buy, try and return if they don't work with my shoe. Thanks, Dinny 13 Jan, 2017Answer: Without knowing how the Pocket Cleats will perform with every pair of shoes out there, it is best to test them out on carpet first to make sure they fit your shoe correctly. It looks like it might fit and work with those shoes, but without having a pair to try them out on, we can't say for sure.