- Additional Info
The Decagon Alcohol Stove is literally a huge step up in alcohol stove durability. Go ahead and step on it yourself and see! It is built to withstand the abuse of everyday use while on any outdoor excursion . With no movable parts and a one-piece titanium construction, you’ll see why the Decagon is a step above the rest.
*Using a windscreen is recommended for optimal performance.
*Always be sure to fill with fuel above the weld at the top of the center hole. If filled less than full, the flame will not reach maximum heat output.
- One-piece, titanium construction sets the standard for alcohol stove durability
- Large center hole makes filling and lighting the stove a snap
- Bottom “stability plate” keeps the stove stable and prevents pot tipping
- Requires little to no maintenance
- Simple to use with reliable performance
- Weight: 1.2 ounces (34 grams)
- Stability plate diameter: 4.25 inches (107 mm)
- Height: 1.25 inches (32 mm)
- Burner diameter: 2.25 inches (57 mm)
- Fuel capacity: 2 ounces (59 ml)
- Burn time: ~20 minutes
- Use only in a well ventilated area! Never use stove indoors!
- Only use denatured, ethyl, or methyl alcohol as fuel! Attempting to burn other fuels such as white gas, kerosene, unleaded gas, etc. will potentially cause an explosion and serious injury.
- Be sure the flame is fully extinguished and the stove is completely cooled before refueling to prevent flare ups!
- Questions & Answers
Do you have any Question?Question: What is the fuel capacity of the decagon? How does it compare to the triad for burn time and diameter where the pot sits? 10 Oct, 2013Answer: Both the Vargo Decagon and Triad alcohol stoves have a fuel capacity of about 1.5 ounces (44 ml) and approximate burn time of 20 minutes (though you can eek out a few more minutes on the Triad). The Decagon's burner diameter is 2.25" (57 mm) while the Triad's is 3.4" (86 mm) when the pot supports are fully extended. Both can pour unused alcohol neatly back into a fuel bottle by using a leg or the base plate as a guide.Question: Hi. I bought decagon alchocol stove. I have tried to use it and so far...fire does't go through side small holes/muzzles. It looks like doesn't work properly. I will try again with fresh denatured alchocol. Old one is two years old. I strictly follow the instructions. May be stowe needs some special preparations befor use? best regards 18 Feb, 2014Answer: The two typical reasons the Decagon won't fully bloom when used are: 1. It's not filled up all the way with fuel. It must be full enough that fuel rises above the weld in the inner well. 2. The fuel is not getting hot enough to vaporize and pressurize the stove which could be cause by poor fuel, cold outside temperatures, cold fuel temperatures, wind, etc.. Before lighting, try lightly spraying the outside of the stove with fuel then light the fuel. The additional flames this creates will help to speed up the priming process. Or trying warming up your fuel bottle by putting inside your jacket or shirt before use.Question: What is the full diameter of the stove & stability plate. Need to know this to see if it fits in side my Toaks 1100ml pot - 115mm dia........Thanks! 06 Nov, 2014Answer: The full diameter is the diameter of the stability plate which is 4.25" or 107 mm.Question: A number of years ago I bought a decagon stove which had a small central hole, I notice the current model has a significantly larger hole. I presume this change generates an improvement in performance. Should I consider modifying mine to improve the stove's performance in terms of boiling time? 03 Aug, 2015Answer: Yes, the Decagon has been updated since the original one, mainly to increase fuel capacity and priming times. We do not recommend modifying the Decagon or any of our stoves. Doing so will void the warranty.Question: WIll the Decogon fit into and work in the hexagon wood stove. It would be nice to be able to use alcohol and wood simultaneously. 05 Nov, 2017Answer: Yes, the Decagon will fit inside the Hexagon Wood Stove though we don't recommend it. It won't burn as efficiently as our Converter Stove and has the potential to overheat. Thanks!